Health Screening Training Overview
Businesses across South Africa are slowly opening their doors and operating again. With the global coronavirus pandemic, better known as COVID-19 still a serious threat in South Africa, various health and safety measures have become mandatory to protect employees and members of the public from exposure and infection. These health and safety measures include mandatory health screenings for businesses to detect potential high-risk candidates and proactively mitigate the potential of COVID-19 exposure.
From COVID-19 being declared a national disaster in South Africa to entering a lockdown, a need was identified for essential workers and businesses operating under lockdown and beyond to increase their knowledge on the prevention and management of Covid-19 risk. Therefore EQiGate, in partnership with the South African First Aid League, Pre-Hospital Emergency Care and Bo Fire Academy of Learning have fast-tracked the development of multiple short online training courses, multiple exposure prevention and management tools applicable to all businesses and industries to enable businesses to operate safely, including the management of positive cases to help people recover in the comfort of their own homes and lessen the burden and risks of COVID-19 management in hospitals and clinics.
Available Health Screening Training Packages
There are 3 different Health Screening Training Packages available for various levels of business operations and management. Depending on your business needs, these packages are:
We hope that these courses will compliment your current knowledge of COVID-19 and the relevant legal requirements, helping you to keep your business safe and contribute to the overall containment of the pandemic in South Africa and globally.
- Have a basic understanding of what and why we perform health screening in the workplace,
- Discuss and explain the terminology related to health screening,
- Have a basic understanding of how the Coronavirus may be spread, and
- Understanding the basics of what a pandemic is and how the novel Coronavirus was formed.
- Be able to identify and discuss the signs and symptoms of the Coronavirus.
- The learner will be able to conduct a basic health screening.
- Know and understand the correct steps to follow, after a health screening is concluded.
- Have a basic understanding of how to prevent the spread of the coronavirus in the workplace, and
- Be able to name the relevant organisations and their contact details regarding additional information on the coronavirus and how to report any suspected infections.
Who Should Enrol?
Depending on your business need, we have packages specifically catered to employees, management, and executive levels.
This is an eLearning course complimented with explanatory videos.
- What is health screening?
- Why do we practice health screening?
- Terminology related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Causes of the Coronavirus.
- How does the Coronavirus get transmitted?
- Signs and symptoms of the coronavirus.
- How to do a health screening.
- What to do after a health screening.
Participants will be assessed by means of a multiple-choice questionnaire after working through each Module.
Participants will be issued with an electronic Certificate of Completion upon achieving 80% or higher in the assessments.
Endorsement and Business Partners
This training course is endorsed by the South African First Aid League, Pre-Hospital Emergency Care and Bo Fire Academy of Learning.