There are 3500 known species of scorpions of which Southern Africa has 160 known species. Of the 160 species we only have two species known to have caused fatalities and ten species that should be considered as medically important species.
In this course you will learn the following:
- General scorpion anatomy.
- Identification of commonly seen scorpions to species level.
- Identification of genera.
- Scorpion venom and the effect on the human body.
- Treatment for Parabuthus and Hottentotta stings.
- Basic First Aid and Treatment for Uroplectes and Opistophthalmus stings.